Monday, March 22, 2010

Toys

Hello again everyone! It's me again, your friendly neighbor blogger. Scratch that, friendly neighborhood blogger sounds like something gross I don't want to be. I guess I'll just have to be happy being me, good old Jeffrey.

Anyway, as some of you may or may not know, I collect movie memorabilia and toys. Today's blog will focus on my toy collection. I know I'm not five years old anymore, but I'm still a Toys 'R' Us kid, so lay off. lol Seriously though, I just enjoy collecting toys, I don't know why, but I'm not going to fight it. It's not the worst thing a person can do and I am certainly not alone. Plus, some toys really go up in value. My dad collected old toys, mainly models and die-cast cars. I collect mainly action figures and movie related cars (from models to die-cast cars).

Anyway, one of the toy lines I've been trying to collect all of is the Star Wars concept figures. Hasbro has been making them here and there since 2007 and some of them have been exclusives (such as the concept versions of General Grievous, C-3P0, R2-D2, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Luke Skywalker). I have most of them from the 2007 set and I want to finish the collection. Most of the figures are based on the early works of Ralph McQuarrie. I love these figures because it's almost like a piece of movie history brought to life. The funny thing is that I really don't love collecting Star Wars toys. Hasbro keeps reissuing the same toys over and over again. How many Jar Jar Binks figures does one man need anyway? I do love the concept toys and I think those figures maybe among the few Star Wars toys that may go up in value.

Sorry this blog wasn't funny today, I just thought I'd give you readers an idea of what I blow my money on. Take care everyone and I hope you keep safe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment