Thursday, March 11, 2010

Friday Night Cold Sweat

Hello again everyone! Did you miss me? Of course you did! Well, I'm back to talk about more random things. Enjoy! :-P

As anyone reading my blog probably already knows, I am a huge film buff. I have hundreds of movie posters in addition to owning original movie props. I love films new and old. One of my mom's favorite movies is "Saturday Night Fever". What many of you may or may not know is that film actually had a sequel entitled "Staying Alive". The film featured John Travolta reprising his famed role of Tony Mamero under the direction of Sylvester Stallone and it was a stinker. "Saturday Night Fever" was such an iconic film, it's sad that the sequel missed the mark so badly. This got me thinking though, why not make another sequel? Sure, Hollywood is roboot/remake crazy now, but they are reboot crazy for newer movies (such as Hulk, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Superman, ect.). Older movies that actually might benefit from a remake, on the other hand, are being granted sequels. Examples of this includes "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" and "Tron Legacy". So why not give another sequel to "Saturday Night Fever"? Paramount could even make a prequel with a different actor and entitle it something like "Friday Night Cold Sweat". That sounds like the perfect direct-to-DVD project for Paramount! :-P

Well, I better get going. Take care everyone and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment