Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Howdy!

Hello kind and cruel cyber world! I have finally decided to create a blog in hopes that someone will actually read my insane rants. Okay, let me start by saying that I am not actually insane. I am also not "insane in the membrane" as the kids (in the early '90s) say. I am (semi) normal but I do love to talk about random subjects and I love to talk about stupid things.

Let me start you off with an example of my randomness. I started talking about the '90s a second ago. I grew up in that time period and let me tell you, I do miss it. It was a simpler time (at least for me). Turtles were huge and could talk, kick-ass, and eat pizza. Teenagers with attitudes could morph and become power rangers with cheap costumes. Chipmunks could sing and flirt with human women with no one questioning their motives. Mutants could kick ass in animated progams such as "Toxic Crusaders" and "X-Men". Batman changed his face almost every movie (see Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney) before Christian Bale became the new iconic Dark Knight. Last but not least, you knew that any movie starring Shaq (aka Shaquille O'Neal) was doomed to stink monkey butt. As you can tell, it was a time of moral goodness and innocence (for me that is). Sadly, that time has passed.

Theses past few years have been hard on me (and for a lot of other people as well). I've had a lot of hardships befall me and it's been hard to overcome them. Still, I stay (perhaps foolishly) optimistic as I watch times change and myself grow older (yikes). I find the best way to combat these dark times is with a sense of humor. It also helps me that I have a vibrant and odd imagination.

On the subject of my imagination, I can't help but wonder how things in the '90s would have been if they were made now in the '00s. Would 'New Kids on the Block' have been 'New Kids on the Blog'? Would "Apollo 13" have been "Snakes on an Apollo Shuttle"? Sadly, this decade has been remake/reboot crazy in Hollywood so a "Snakes on an Apollo Shuttle" reboot may not be far off.

With those statements alone, you should notice that I tend to be a very random and odd person. I hope you continue to view my blog and and I hope you enjoy reading my very random posts. Thank you very much for your time and have a good day! :)

1 comment: