Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hollywood News

Hello again everyone! It seems like just minutes ago since I posted my last blog. (Note: It may very well have been minutes ago). Anyway, I wanted to pass along the sad news of Corey Haim's passing to anyone living under a rock. I will miss Corey Haim and I hope he finds peace in the afterlife.

In happier Hollywood news, the new trailer for Ridley Scott's latest epic "Robin Hood" has hit the net right on the heels of the fantastic new "Iron Man 2" trailer. Both movies look great and I am eagerly looking forward to them both. I'm hoping Ridley Scott's latest crusades epic will be in the same vain of his most underrated film to date, "Kingdom of Heaven". Though I'm sure that casting Russell Crowe as Robin Hood is an attempt to mix "Kingdom of Heaven" with his most acclaimed film yet, "Gladiator". I'll be there on or around May 14th! :)

In other recent news, I just learned that Spider-Man no longer has Wood for Mary Jane Watson! lol I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself there. It seems that Evan Rachel Wood has left Julie Taymor's Broadway production of "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark". Evan Rachel Wood was cast in the lead female role of Mary Jane Watson, a role played by Kirsten Dunst in the movies. The band U2 has created several musical pieces for the Broadway production.

Spider-Man has had nothing but problems recently. In the comic world, he just lost his job like so many of us in real life. In the film universe, Tobey Maguire has been let go in favor of a "High School Musical" meets "Spider-Man" reboot. I guess Sony doesn't realize that we all saw that movie ten years ago when it was called "Spider-Man". I already paid to see that once, sorry Sony. At least Spider-Man got to hang out with President Obama recently. I guess he has had some luck.

Well, I'm done ranting for now. Take care everyone and be safe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment