Friday, March 12, 2010

Rick Ashtley Vs. Ivan Drago

Hello again everyone! Like so many of you out there in cyberspace, I love surfing YouTube. YouTube offers a wide variety of video clips to enjoy. From music videos to movie trailers to home videos of guys sitting on the toilet, YouTube has a little something for everyone. Unfortunately, I, like so many other people, have been the victim of rickrolling. What is rickrolling you might ask? It's an old bait and switch technique on YouTube in which you go looking for a video (such as puppies joining the CIA) and upon clicking on the video you wanted to see, you are instead greeted by the the unholy video of Rick Ashtley and his "hit" song "Never Gonna Give You Up".

How exactly did Rick Ashtley get a recording contract anyway? I mean, I guess I can understand to a degree. The man is hilarious to watch. Seriously, watch the music video to "Never Gonna Give You Up" and try not laughing at the way he dances. I think it's been scientifically proven to be impossible. Rick Ashtley is most likely the reason why everyone thinks white men can't dance. I honestly thought the poor man was having a seizure during the music video. Plus, he kept smiling during the video and it got to the point that it started to get creepy. Last but not least, the trench coat he was wearing throughout most of the music video was not helping his case. I half expected him to flash someone midway through the video.

The music video is funny for a completely different reason as well, and that is because of all the celebrity look-alikes. Rick Ashtley looks a lot like David Caruso circa 1987. I'm sure the "CSI: Miami" star loves the fact the Rick Ashtley could be his brother. The background dancers also look like (B) movie stars! The bartender reminds me of Hollywood Montrose (Meshach Taylor) from "Mannequin" and "Mannequin: On the Move". Then we have my favorite celebrity look-alike, that of the blond guy who looks like a less buff version of Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren) from "Rocky IV". Perhaps it was old Ivan Drago. My guess is that after Rocky Balboa defeated him, Drago had to leave Russia in disgrace. When he arrived in America, he stopped working out and decided to create a new dance style. He wanted to mix voguing with Riverdance to create the ultimate dance style. He teamed up with Rick Ashtley and unleashed his new dance (dubbed "Dance, Dance Revolution") on the world, only to find out that he was upstaged by Hollywood Montrose. Poor Ivan Drago, he never catches a break.

So yeah, that was my rant of the day. Thank you everyone for reading and I hope you enjoy! Take care and be safe everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment