Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Congratulations Andrew Garfield aka Peter Parker/Spider-Man



Hello all you friendly neighborhood Spider-Men and Spider-Women! I'm back with a brand new blog post! As you can tell from the photo, today's blog is about Spider-Man! Yah! Also, I picked this photo because if you pay close attention and imagine Green Goblin is Sony's CEO, you will have an idea of what Sony/Green Goblin is doing to the Spider-Man franchise as we speak. Let's just say Spider-Man isn't too happy that Green Goblin didn't bring any KY jelly with him during this franchise talk.

If you couldn't tell, I hate this whole reboot craze in Hollywood. Spider-Man isn't even a ten year old movie and Sony is already rebooting it despite the fact that the film has spawned two highly successful sequels and the franchise as a whole has made more than a billion dollars worldwide. Why the rush to reboot it? Well, to save money of course! Sony figures that they can make a reboot at a fraction of the cost of a sequel and slap the new "Spider-Man" on it and everyone will still rush to see it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I smell a major bomb on Sony's hands.

Regardless of how much I hate the concept of a reboot, I would like to congratulate Andrew Garfield, the actor chosen to play the new Spider-Man. The guy has his work cut out for him so my hat's off to him. He seems like a good choice to play Peter Parker. Judging from his last name, my guess is that his dream job was to play Garfield the cat and since that is never going to happen (since he is sadly not a cat), he had to settle for Spider-Man. Also, judging from his long neck, I would say that he might be part giraffe, which makes him part alright in my book. :-P Nah, joking aside, I wish the guy luck.


I hope you enjoyed the blog today! I also hope you have a wonderful day! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment