Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's In A Name?

Welcome back everyone to the most happening blog yet! I'm not actually sure what is happening at the moment, but something is happening, that's for sure! Anyway, the topic of the moment is names in general.

My name is Jeffrey Stansberry and I actually like my name unlike some people. I do sometimes sit and wonder to myself what my pen name might be if I ever became a paid writer. I'm not sure if I'd use my actual name or not (for various reasons). That caused me to think of what other actors have done to their names to change them or make them more unique. This got me thinking of the actors Liam Neeson and Topher Grace. As many of you might be able to figure out, Liam is the last part of Mr. Neeson's actual first name, William. Also, Topher is the last part of Mr. Grace's actual first name, Christopher. So, in the proud tradition of Liam Neeson and Topher Grace, I could change my name to Frey Stansberry. The problem is, that name would make me sound like a free fruit sample Wal-Mart gives out on aisle 3. I guess just using my actual name wouldn't be all that bad. After all, to quote that Shakespeare character, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

Speaking of that, I could totally see Hollywood remaking "Romeo and Juliet" again and renaming it something like "Romeo and Toliet" Troma Entertainment already made "Tromeo and Juliet" so it could happen. Just think of the improvements that could be made to Shakespeare's classic using state of the art CGI. The Capulet family could now be giant alien toilets the way Shakespeare originally intended! (Note: I may have dreamed Shakespeare told me that, I am not 100% on that). I can just see Toliet now, "A nose by any other dame would smell ass sweat." That is about as romantic as you can get!

Thank you for once again checking out my blog! Take care everyone and be safe this fine day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment