Tuesday, March 16, 2010

He-Man: Not the Brightest Dude In Greyskull

Hello again everyone! I'm back to spread more wisdom across this land! I'm feeling good today. I've been catching up on "Lost" and "Caprica" and it's a beautiful day outside. It's hard to top a day like today. :)

So, I should probably start by telling you the subject of this post is going to be about He-Man. My oldest brother used to love the cartoon show "Masters of the Universe" when he was a kid. I, on the other hand, never cared to much for it. I don't know why, maybe Skeletor reminded me of a poor man's Crypt Keeper, I just never got into it. Anyway, He-Man (aka Prince Adam) was the main character in the hit cartoon classic "Masters of the Universe". Prince Adam would transform into He-Man and no one in the whole flipping planet of Eternia could figure out that Prince Adam and He-Man were one in the same even though they looked exactly the same! I mean, even Superman wore classes, changed his posture, and modified his speech patterns some to fool people into thinking he was the mild mannered Clark Kent. Not Prince Adam, he just wears less clothes as He-Man. Did He-Man have a part time job as an exotic dancer or something? I mean, come on, the dude wore furry underwear! Why? To protect him in battle? I know if I were going into battle knowing that my enemies were going to be swinging swords and axes at me, I'd want armor protecting me, not furry underoos, especially in that area! Prince Adam was clearly far from a master of disguise. Having Dolph Lundgren portray the role in the film version of "Masters of the Universe" certainly didn't help make He-Man seem even remotely intelligent.

On a side note, it looks like Nick Jones has landed himself a juicy cameo in the upcoming "Green Lantern" film. It seems that his cameo role will be of John Stewart, a man who later becomes a Green Lantern himself in the comics. Congratulations Nick Jones and I wish you all the best.

Well, that's all for me for now. I hope everyone has a good day and be safe everyone! Please, come back to this blog often, I'm begging you! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment